The Chico Creek Nature Center
The Nature Center is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We are the official visitor's center for Bidwell Park, and are proud to provide numerous services to the community, including:
- Free Bidwell Park maps and information
- Janeece Webb Living Animal Museum housing non-releasable animals, which opened in 1991
- Howard S. Tucker Exhibit Hall with exhibits on the nature of Bidwell Park, which opened in 2010
- Kristie's Nature Lab, a nature classroom for hands-on learning, which opened in 2010
- Changing exhibitions on nature and the environment
- Evening and weekend family programs and lecture series
- Low-fee Environmental Education Programs for preschool-6th grades
- Low-fee day-camps for children ages 5 to 11
- Alice Hecker Native Plant Garden & Fresh Water Pond
Howard Tucker exhibit hall serves as an introduction to
Kristie's Nature Lab is a great learning resource for our educational programs.
The Janeece Webb Living Animal Museum hosts our collection of nonreleasable animals, including the ever popular desert tortoise.